These great photos - thanks to Mona-Lou Amy! - were taken inside Molloy's cabin (Jim & Fran Molloy pictured above) on Thanksgiving, 1954. One of many Amy-Molloy holiday get-togethers.
(L) Mona-Lou Amy, Pete Molloy, Jim Molloy, Bill Molloy.
(L) Bill Molloy, Mona-Lou Amy, Dave Molloy, Leslie Amy, Peter Molloy, Jim Molloy.
(L) Jim Molloy, Mona-Lou Amy, Lou & Eileen Amy, Bill Molloy, Leslie Amy.
Camp entrance, looking in from Milltown Road, the tree apparently downed by the recent storm. Photos by Jim Molloy - October 13, 2010
Looking east; 50 years ago we would have clearly seen Mitchell's (aka the Chapel) on the left, and the Red Dock near the center. The dark area in the center leads to what we knew as "The Beach."
Looking toward "The Rock" from Milltown Road.
Looking east toward Mitchell's, the Red Dock, and The Beach.
Welcome home to the Leuck family! The Leuck's occupied the Ponderosa (aka "Spring House") from 1960 to 1981. Many thanks to Dianne Leuck-Sigmund for the following memories!
"The Ponderosa" ('Named after the TV series' - Dianne) - 1960
Ponderosa kitchen - 1960
Ponderosa "potbelly!" - 1960
Ponderosa's dock, constructed by Dianne's brothers. Pictured: Dianne's parents - Mom on the dock, Dad rowing the boat!
Dianne's daughters Heidi & Melissa on the Ballard ice; Melissa with her Grandpa
Here's part of the Ballard Crew in action, 1957 - looking from the "Red Dock." This terrific photo provided by Karen & Mickey Kwasnicki, courtesy of Dinny Keane.
The "Spa" up close, the way many of us remember it from the 50's! The year of the picture dates slightly before the birth of Rock'n'Roll, but if you look inside they were warming up the dance floor! Great era, and great photo thanks to Christine: additional photos here, and here.