Monday, September 28, 2009

Connie's Grocery - formerly "Smalley's"


Many thanks to George W. Paraskeva of Stormville, NY for this great photo of "Connie's," or what the Ballard Crew knew as "Smalley's" during the 1950's. George's parents bought the store from Doris Smalley, located on Route 52 in Stormville, and operated it when the above picture was taken during the early 60's. Certainly a wonderful view of the store, the gas pumps, the signs, the public phone booth (remember those!), and the era! Perfect!

2 comments:

Tom Marshall said...

Wow - I clearly remember gas at 32¢ a gallon here - used to walk with my grandparents from down the road from 1959 - 1969, when I spent every summer, and as much other time as possible there. Thank you for this - I was just driving rt 52 the other day telling these stories to my betrothed, and these photo's bring it all right back. Those were the days my friend...

David said...

Welcome, Tom! Happy you stopped by!