Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Ponderosa

Welcome home to the Leuck family! The Leuck's occupied the Ponderosa (aka "Spring House") from 1960 to 1981. Many thanks to Dianne Leuck-Sigmund for the following memories!

"The Ponderosa" ('Named after the TV series' - Dianne) - 1960

Ponderosa kitchen - 1960

Ponderosa "potbelly!" - 1960

Ponderosa's dock, constructed by Dianne's brothers. Pictured: Dianne's parents - Mom on the dock, Dad rowing the boat!


Dianne's daughters Heidi & Melissa on the Ballard ice; Melissa with her Grandpa

The Ponderosa - 1981

(side view - 1981)

Dianne Leuck-Sigmund - ice skating, 1966

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for digging these pics out, Dianne....Where's your brother Peter at these days and does he still have the old cars?

George W. Paraskeva

Tommy said...

This is a great find. I was just telling my wife about this area yesterday and how I spent many happy times at the lake with Boy Scout troop 108 under scout master Pete Leuck.

Tommy Pressimone

Anonymous said...

Was with troop 108 also..rented the old Shultz cabin 69-71 before I went into the army with Phil unbehagen..btw. The.tree stump at the Rock is still there.cabins are gone except for sweets.we called pearl island snake island..Pete schmid.....btw..saw Pete Leuck recently..lives in Carmel

Ruth Tully said...

Oh my... I just discovered this site. So many memories. When I was a kid, we called Pearl Island "Turtle Rock". I'm searching for pictures and am sure I have at least one. Ruth Tully (Geraldine Tischers' niece)

Ruth Tully said...

I found some pictures but don't know how to put them on this site. Pictures are of Geraldine, Dinny, Ann, and Mathew Keane, Tully kids, Curtis and Bobby Mitchel. Ruth Tully